منتديات إنما المؤمنون إخوة (2024 - 2010) The Believers Are Brothers

(إسلامي.. ثقافي.. اجتماعي.. إعلامي.. علمي.. تاريخي.. دعوي.. تربوي.. طبي.. رياضي.. أدبي..)

الرئيسيةالأحداثأحدث الصورالتسجيل
(وما من كاتب إلا سيبلى ** ويبقى الدهر ما كتبت يداه) (فلا تكتب بكفك غير شيء ** يسرك في القيامة أن تراه)

soon after IZHAR UL-HAQ (Truth Revealed) By: Rahmatullah Kairanvi
قال الفيلسوف توماس كارليل في كتابه الأبطال عن رسول الله -صلى الله عليه وسلم-: "لقد أصبح من أكبر العار على أي فرد مُتمدين من أبناء هذا العصر؛ أن يُصْغِي إلى ما يظن من أنَّ دِينَ الإسلام كَذِبٌ، وأنَّ مُحَمَّداً -صلى الله عليه وسلم- خَدَّاعٌ مُزُوِّرٌ، وآنَ لنا أنْ نُحارب ما يُشَاعُ من مثل هذه الأقوال السَّخيفة المُخْجِلَةِ؛ فإنَّ الرِّسَالة التي أدَّاهَا ذلك الرَّسُولُ ما زالت السِّراج المُنير مُدَّةَ اثني عشر قرناً، لنحو مائتي مليون من الناس أمثالنا، خلقهم اللهُ الذي خلقنا، (وقت كتابة الفيلسوف توماس كارليل لهذا الكتاب)، إقرأ بقية كتاب الفيلسوف توماس كارليل عن سيدنا محمد -صلى الله عليه وسلم-، على هذا الرابط: محمد بن عبد الله -صلى الله عليه وسلم-.

يقول المستشرق الإسباني جان ليك في كتاب (العرب): "لا يمكن أن توصف حياة محمد بأحسن مما وصفها الله بقوله: (وَمَا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ إِلَّا رَحْمَةً لِّلْعَالَمِين) فكان محمدٌ رحمة حقيقية، وإني أصلي عليه بلهفة وشوق".
فَضَّلَ اللهُ مِصْرَ على سائر البُلدان، كما فَضَّلَ بعض الناس على بعض والأيام والليالي بعضها على بعض، والفضلُ على ضربين: في دِينٍ أو دُنْيَا، أو فيهما جميعاً، وقد فَضَّلَ اللهُ مِصْرَ وشَهِدَ لها في كتابهِ بالكَرَمِ وعِظَم المَنزلة وذَكَرَهَا باسمها وخَصَّهَا دُونَ غيرها، وكَرَّرَ ذِكْرَهَا، وأبَانَ فضلها في آياتٍ تُتْلَى من القرآن العظيم.
(وما من كاتب إلا سيبلى ** ويبقى الدهر ما كتبت يداه) (فلا تكتب بكفك غير شيء ** يسرك في القيامة أن تراه)

المهندس حسن فتحي فيلسوف العمارة ومهندس الفقراء: هو معماري مصري بارز، من مواليد مدينة الأسكندرية، وتخرَّجَ من المُهندس خانة بجامعة فؤاد الأول، اشْتُهِرَ بطرازهِ المعماري الفريد الذي استمَدَّ مَصَادِرَهُ مِنَ العِمَارَةِ الريفية النوبية المَبنية بالطوب اللبن، ومن البيوت والقصور بالقاهرة القديمة في العصرين المملوكي والعُثماني.
رُبَّ ضَارَّةٍ نَافِعَةٍ.. فوائدُ فيروس كورونا غير المتوقعة للبشرية أنَّه لم يكن يَخطرُ على بال أحَدِنَا منذ أن ظهر وباء فيروس كورونا المُستجد، أنْ يكونَ لهذه الجائحة فوائدُ وإيجابيات ملموسة أفادَت كوكب الأرض.. فكيف حدث ذلك؟!...
تخليص الإبريز في تلخيص باريز: هو الكتاب الذي ألّفَهُ الشيخ "رفاعة رافع الطهطاوي" رائد التنوير في العصر الحديث كما يُلَقَّب، ويُمَثِّلُ هذا الكتاب علامة بارزة من علامات التاريخ الثقافي المصري والعربي الحديث.
الشيخ علي الجرجاوي (رحمه الله) قَامَ برحلةٍ إلى اليابان العام 1906م لحُضُورِ مؤتمر الأديان بطوكيو، الذي دعا إليه الإمبراطور الياباني عُلَمَاءَ الأديان لعرض عقائد دينهم على الشعب الياباني، وقد أنفق على رحلته الشَّاقَّةِ من مَالِهِ الخاص، وكان رُكُوبُ البحر وسيلته؛ مِمَّا أتَاحَ لَهُ مُشَاهَدَةَ العَدِيدِ مِنَ المُدُنِ السَّاحِلِيَّةِ في أنحاء العالم، ويُعَدُّ أوَّلَ دَاعِيَةٍ للإسلام في بلاد اليابان في العصر الحديث.

Umm Salamah

اذهب الى الأسفل 
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
أحمد محمد لبن Ahmad.M.Lbn
مؤسس ومدير المنتدى

عدد المساهمات : 49020
العمر : 72

Umm Salamah Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: Umm Salamah   Umm Salamah Emptyالخميس 22 ديسمبر 2016, 11:12 pm

Umm Salamah Image_1447364892_616
Umm Salamah
may Allaah be pleased with her
mother of the faithful
==================
Hind32 the daughter of Zaad Ar-Raakib, Hudhayfah ibn Al-Mugheerah Al-Makhzoomi.

She is of the noble clan of Makhzoom; and of the gracious tribe of Quraysh.

Zaad Ar-Raakib33 is a nickname by which her father, Abu Umayyah, Hudhayfah ibn Al-Mugheerah was known because of his generosity. He was one of the most famous generous men of the pre-Islamic era who lived in the Arabian Peninsula.

Their leader was Haatim At-Taa`ee to whom the Haatimic generosity is attributed and about whom the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, said: "He loved all noble qualities."

But why was Hudhayfah, Umm Salamah's father called `provision of the traveller'? It was said that whenever he travelled, no one who travelled in his company would be allowed to bring their provision with them. He would rather be responsible for that however much their number was and however long the journey would be.

It was therefore in this firm-rooted home where there was gallantry and generosity that Hind was born and raised. She drew from its pure spring until she was satiated and she flourished as a blooming and sweet-smelling branch, bearing a delicious fruit. She was clever and wise, beautiful in appearance and conduct.

She and her husband, `Abdullaah ibn `Abdul-Asad are among the earliest Muslims, and performed together the first migration to Abyssinia. She was also said to be the first woman to migrate.34
32 She was also the daughter of the Prophet's aunt, `Aatikah bint `Abdul-Muttalib.
33 This literally means: `Provision of the traveller'.
34 See Al-Isaabah, vol. 4, p. 441.

She remained in Abyssinia until the news that Hamzah ibn `Abdul-Muttalib and `Umar ibn Al-Khattaab, may Allaah be pleased with them, had embraced Islam reached them. Some of the emigrants then strongly yearned to return to their homeland and meet the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, believing that Islam had being strengthened by the conversion of the two unique men, Hamzah and `Umar, may Allaah be pleased with them.

Umm Salamah returned to Madeenah along with those who returned.

And she had already given birth to her first child, Salamah the son of Abu Salamah.

But the Qurayshi persecution did not stop nor abated, and it was not concealed.

After the conclusion of Pledge of Aqabah35 between the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, and the Ansaar (the Aws and Khazraj tribes) of Madeenah, the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, gave permission to his companions to migrate to Madeenah. That was the beginning of the great transformation in the course of the Prophet's, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, mission. As usual, Umm Salamah was one of the first emigrants.

Before we start talking about the second stand of Umm Salamah with the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, and his message, we should allow her to tell us the circumstances of the great event and how it happened. For, she is definitely more truthful than us.

She said:
"When Abu Salamah decided to leave Madeenah, he equipped a camel of his and carried me along with my son Salamah. He then led his camel out. When men of Banu Al-Mugheerah (Umm Salamah's clan) saw him, then went to him and told him, `There is nothing we can do to prevent you from going wherever you want; but as for this sister of ours, we cannot leave you roaming about in the land with her.' They then seized the bridle of the camel from him and took me away from him.
35 The second Allegiance of Aqabah.

When Banu `Abdul-Asad (Abu Salamah's clan) heard of that, they got angry and aimed for Salamah saying, `By Allaah! We are not going to leave our son with her since they have snatched her away from our brother.'

They then took my son Salamah away from me.

The men of Banu `Abdul-Asad went away and Banu Al-Mugheerah held me in their custody. 

And my husband proceeded in his migration until he reached Madeenah. That was how they separated between me, my husband and my son!"

Dear reader! If it were possible, I would have added more than one exclamation and question mark at the end of the speech of Umm Salamah, without any exaggeration.

This is because, this great and impressive position is beyond what any knowledge, intellect or imagination can adequately express.

It is the most difficult separation in the cause of Allaah with Whom no good deed is lost.

Allaah Says (what means):
{... Indeed, We shall not make the reward of anyone who does his [righteous] deeds in the most perfect manner to be lost.} [Quran 18: 30]

What righteousness is greater than to sacrifice one's self in the way of Allaah, The Owner of the Splendid Majesty? Did we —regardless of our different categories, the old and the young, men and women, the callers and the called, the leaders and the led— learn any lesson from Abu Salamah and Umm Salamah?

Did we take, as the center of our attention, our Islam, our message and the pleasure of Allaah and His Messenger? Or did we just sever every link that is between us and our history to the extent that whenever we mention our history we just regard it as a mere story?

For instance, we celebrate the anniversary of the Great Battle of Badr on the 27th of Ramadhaan every year36 as communities, organizations and groups and then we play around with the word, the picture and the memory but sooner than later the matter ends there, as if we are talking of one of the battles of `Antarah or one of the adventures of Abu Zayd Al-Hilaali!

36 The celebration has no basis in Islam, as far as I know. It is therefore an innovation that should be avoided. [Translator]

Do we really feel the state of ignominy in which we are living today? Is there still any link between us, as a nation, and Allaah, The Exalted? The answer is: as individuals, yes and as a nation, no! Here lies the problem...!

Perhaps, the remaining part of the story of Umm Salamah's, may Allaah be pleased with her, migration and the surrounding events will give us a definite and a clear-cut answer to our questions and doubts.

Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, has vowed to dedicate herself to Allaah since she embraced Islam! She faced the most difficult and the most horrible situation, but Allaah was with her. He encompasses the disbelievers from behind. He is the best Helper for whoever relies on Him and returns to Him in repentance.

Umm Salamah said:
"I used to go out every morning and sit down at al-Abtah37, and I would cry until the evening. I did this for nearly seven days until a man among my cousins came by and saw what was on my face. He then told Bann Al-Mugheerah (my clan), `Won't you let this poor woman go?! You have separated between her and her husband and son?!' They then said: `Go and join your husband if you like.'

Then the men of Banu `Abdul-Asad (my husband's clan) gave my son back to me.

I then prepared my camel, held my son in my bosom and set out to join my husband in Madeenah; and no one was with me and that was the most difficult situation I confronted. 

When I reached Tan`eem,38 I met `Uthmaan ibn Talhah of Banu Ad-Daar clan. He asked me, `Where are you going, daughter of Abu Umayyah?' I said: `I want to join my husband in Madeenah!'

Umm Salamah 2013_110
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
https://almomenoon1.0wn0.com/
مؤسس ومدير المنتدى

Umm Salamah Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Umm Salamah   Umm Salamah Emptyالخميس 22 ديسمبر 2016, 11:17 pm

He said:
`Is anybody with you?' I said: `No, by Allaah! It is only Allaah and my son that are with me.' And he said: `By Allaah, you shall not be left alone.'
37 One of the mountains of Makkah; this means she used to look afar to the direction of Madeenah where her husband was.

38 An outskirt of Makkah.

He then held the bridle of my camel and led me off. By Allaah, I have never been in a company of an Arab man more gracious than him. If he arrived at a place he would halt for me to rest and he would move to a nearby tree and lie down beneath it. When it was time to move on, he would bring forth the camel and move a bit far from me and say, `Mount!' When I have mounted and settled on the camel he would come, hold its bridle and lead me on until we arrived at the next halting place.

He continued in this way until we arrived at Madeenah. When he saw the village of Banu `Amr ibn `Awf at Qubaa', he said: `Your husband is in this village.' And truly, Abu Salamah was residing there."

The small family —rather the big family— was then brought back together. It is small in terms of the number of its members and big in terms of its Jihaad and historical movement and its echo throughout all corners of the world.

Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, went out of Makkah alone in the company of no one except her child, Salamah in her bosom. But Allaah the Exalted protected her in a journey that took days and nights, and in a remote and expansive desert interspersed with mountains, lowlands and sand hills and in which predatory animals and reptiles are waiting for their preys.

She was neither afraid nor worried.
{... And whosoever fears Allaah and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out [from every difficulty]. And He will provide him from [sources] he never could imagine. 

And whosoever puts his trust in Allaah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allaah will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allaah has set a measure for all things.} [Quran 65: 2-3]

Allaah provided for her a way out of her distress. He sent `Uthmaan ibn Talhah to her to accompany her until she reached her place of security in spite of his being a disbeliever. 

And Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, testified to his good conduct, noble-mindedness and excellent companionship. All this was later to serve as a treasure for him on the day of the conquest of Makkah.

The key of the Ka`bah was with him, for he was of the clan of Banu `Abdud-Daar who were the keepers of the Ka`bah and who were the holders of its key. `Ali, may Allaah be pleased with him, took the key from them and gave it to the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.

But the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, returned the key back to `Uthmaan, may Allaah be pleased with him,

repeating the saying of Allaah (which means):
{Verily! Allaah commands that you should render back the trusts to those to whom they are due...} [Quran 4: 58]

He then told `Uthmaan, " `Uthmaan, take it.
Today is the day of probity and fulfillment. It is only the unjust person that will attempt to take it away from you."

`Uthmaan, may Allaah be pleased with him, later accepted Islam and he was a good Muslim.

All this was a result of the blessing of that great day in which he accompanied Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, from Makkah to Madeenah. It was definitely planned and decreed by Allaah.

I hope that we have really grasped the situation, realized the wisdom and given due estimation to the roles of history.

Abu Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with him

As Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, was the daughter of the Prophet's, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, aunt, Abu Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with him, was also the son of Barrah bint `Abdul-Muttalib, who was a Prophet's, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, aunt as well. He had an additional merit: He was a foster brother of the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.

Abu Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, was among the favorite companions of the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, because of his early acceptance of Islam and his endurance of immigration and Jihaad in the way of Allaah; and his firm Eemaan, bravery, worship and righteousness.

He therefore occupied a place in the eyes of the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam. He had appointed him a leader of some contingents. He sent him to Banu Asad in the month of Safar, 4 A.H. and he succeeded in his mission and fulfilled the trust.

The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, attested to his righteousness when he said: "The first person that will be given his record of deeds (on the Day of Resurrection) is Abu Salamah ibn `Abdul-Asad." He participated in the battle of Badr and he played a prominent role in it.

He then participated in the battle of Uhud and he was among those who remained firm. He suffered a serious injury in that battle from which he was healed but not totally. For, after some time, the wound decayed and deteriorated until claimed his life.

He once came to his wife, Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, and told her, "I have heard a statement from the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, that is dearer to me than so and so."

I heard him say:
"No one is afflicted with a calamity and then make Istirja`39 and after that say, `O Allaah! It is from You that I seek the reward of this calamity of mine. O' Allaah! Provide a better substitute for me', except that Allaah give him that."

Ziyaad ibn Maryam narrated that Umm Salamah told Abu Salamah, "I heard that if the husband of a woman dies and he is one of the inhabitants of Paradise and his wife did not remarry after him, Allaah will join them together in Paradise. The same thing applies to man."

Abu Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with him, then told his wife, "I am making a pledge with you that I will not marry after and you will not marry after me." He then asked her, "Will you obey me?" Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, said: "If I did not want to obey you I would not have consulted you."

Abu Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with him, said: "If I die you should remarry." He then said: "O' Allaah! Provide for Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, after me a man who is better than me and who will not disgrace her or harm her." Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, said: "When he died I said: `Who is that man that will better than Abu Salamah?' Then after a while, the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, married me."
39 Istirja` is to say, `Innaa Lillaah wa Innaa Ilayhi Raaji `oon'.

Umm Salamah's transformation from being around the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, into his house:

Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, entered a new role of her life around the noble Messenger and the great Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam.

Before we start discussing this role, we would like to mention how `Aa'ishah described Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with them.

Ibn Sa`d reported40 on the authority of `Urwah from `Aa'ishah, may Allaah be pleased with her, that she said: "I was very sad when the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, married Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, because of the news of her beauty that had reached us. So I took the matter easy until I saw her and I saw that she was much more beautiful than I have been told. So I mentioned that to Hafsah, may Allaah be pleased with her, who told me that she was as described. When I saw her (Umm Salamah) after that, I realized that she was as Hafsah, may Allaah be pleased with her, had described her. I then realized that I was only being jealous."

Ibn Sa`d added, "And Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, was said to possess great beauty, extraordinary intelligent and correct judgment."

We are not at all saying that it was sexual passion or beauty that spurred the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, to marry Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her.

His very life strongly refutes that. His marriage to Sawdah bint Zam`ah after the death of Khadeejah, may Allaah be pleased with her, is a good proof in this regard.

Umm Salamah 2013_110
مؤسس ومدير المنتدى

Umm Salamah Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: Umm Salamah   Umm Salamah Emptyالخميس 22 ديسمبر 2016, 11:19 pm

The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, was encouraged to marry Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, by two things:

One: The Arab custom of supporting the wife of a friend by marrying her after the death of her husband.
40 There is Al-Waaqidi in the chain of transmitters.

Two: It has to do with the prayer of Abu Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with him, that Allaah should provide his wife with a husband who would be better than him after his death.

Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, herself informs us of this: "When Abu Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, died, I did not feel comfortable to ask Allaah to substitute him for me with someone who is better than him (as a Muslim must say when afflicted with a calamity).

And I said: `Who is better than Abu Salamah? Had he not done this and that? Was he not so and so?’ When I finished the period of waiting, the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, sent (someone) to me and married me."

An-Nasaa'ee, may Allaah have mercy upon him, narrated this story in detail. According to him:
"When Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, finished her period of waiting after the death of her husband, Abu Bakr, may Allaah be pleased with him, proposed marriage to her but she did not accept the proposal.

So the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, sent to her proposing marriage to her. She told the person who was sent to her, `Tell the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, that I am a jealous woman, I have children and none of my guardians is present.' 

He sent back to me, `Tell her that as for your jealousy, I will ask Allaah to remove it; as for your being with children, I will take care of them; and as for the fact that none of your guardians is present, none of them, present or absent, will oppose your marriage to me.'

She then asked her son `Umar, may Allaah be pleased with him, `Get up and marry (me) to the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam.' And he married her to him."

In another narration by An-Nasaa'ee:
"When I gave birth to Zaynab, the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, came and proposed marriage to me. I said: `I am not fit for marriage and I am jealous and I have children.' The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, then said: `I am older than you, as for your jealousy, Allaah will remove it; as for the children, Allaah and His Messenger, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, will take care of them."'

The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, then married her, and he would come to her and ask, "Where is the Zinaab41?”

With her entrance into the house of the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, as one of the mothers of the faithful, she started another phase and role that had their own significance and impacts, especially since she was highly intelligent and had good sense of judgment.

She has made her apartment a place where the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, frequented and took as a place for rest. Perhaps, she reminded him —with her maturity, wisdom, affection, her big heart, the sweetness of her smiling, her pleasant reception and her pure companionship— of Khadeejah, may Allaah be pleased with her.

It is true that `Aa'ishah, may Allaah be pleased with her, was the dearest wife to the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, but Umm Salamah's, may Allaah be pleased with her, entrance as one of the mothers of the faithful had created for her a new place and a grounded status. She was the mediator among the Prophet's, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, wives. All of them honoured her and respected her status.

The history has recorded for her an unforgettable stand. This stand was unanimously praised in all narrations.

After the truce of Hudaybiyah, many companions of the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, felt frustrated and disappointed. 

`Umar ibn Al-Khattaab, may Allaah be pleased with him, was the most argumentative of them all in this respect.

Abu Bakr's, may Allaah be pleased with him, was admonishing `Umar, may Allaah be pleased with him, to abide by the Prophet's, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, decision, but `Umar, may Allaah be pleased with him, in his usual sternness, turned away from him.
41 A loving form of pronouncing Zaynab.

When the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, came, `Umar, may Allaah be pleased with him, repeated the same argument to him and the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, told him, "I am indeed the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam; and He will not neglect me."

The truce of Hudaybiyah apparently implied the superiority of Quraysh as it gave them many concessions. But inwardly, it was full of wisdom and far-sightedness. Subsequent events testified to that.

It was enough a blessing that Allaah calls the truce `a clear victory' in His Book when He Says (what means):
{Verily, We have given you [O' Muhammad] a manifest victory.} [Quran 48: 1]

The Soorah in which the verse is revealed is also named `Soorah of Victory'. But many people know not.

The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, had brought the sacrificial animals with him. But since the Quraysh had prevented him from completing his rites —not out of compromise or scorn, but in expectation of Allaah's command— after having made a truce, he decided to terminate his Ihraam and commanded the people to do the same. The people however failed to comply!

This was a dangerous phenomenon!!

The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, visited Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, for it was her turn to go with him on that day. She saw that he was distressed and gloomy. She gently asked him of the reason for his gloominess and he narrated what happened to her.

She talked gently and pleasantly in a manner full of love and care. And in an extremely wise and matured way, she advised him to go out, invite his barber and have his head shaven publicly.

He did so and suddenly people started shaving or cutting their hair. And they shoved and pushed that they nearly killed one another.

The Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, was very happy and he laughed that his molar teeth were seen.

The problem was then solved and the Satan who wanted to cause dissension was defeated. All this is due to Allaah's grace through what He taught Umm Salamah!

Before we close this great scene, it is imperative that we point to a very important issue that caused the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, to yield to the demands of the Quraysh and make peace with them on that day.

When the Muslims reached Hudaybiyah, on their way to Makkah for `Umrah, Al-Qaswa', the Prophet's, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, she-camel halted, and the people said: "al-Qaswa' has knelt down!!"

They said this out of their human understanding of the nature of the camels. But the Messenger of Allaah, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, told them in Prophetic tone, "It did not kneel down, and that is not her habit. She was rather stopped from proceeding by the One Who stopped the Elephant.42

And among the statement the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, made on that day was that he would grant any request made by the Quraysh in which there is honour for the House of Allaah and its sacredness.

The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, also said on the day of the Conquest of Makkah that war was made lawful for him for only an hour of the day and that it was never made lawful for anybody before him neither will it be ever made lawful for anybody after him.

All this points to one thing: the sacredness of the Ancient House, the Noble Ka`bah.

After the death of the Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, lived for many more decades until she was the last to die of the Prophet's, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, wives.

42 The Prophet, sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam, was here referring to an army under the command of Abraha Al-Ashram who was accompanied by a huge elephant and with the intention of destroying the Ka`bah at Makkah; but Allaah prevented this army and their elephant from reaching the interior of Makkah and He destroyed them. The event took place in the year the Prophet was born. [translator]

Thus did Umm Salamah witness some of the crucial events that the Muslims experienced. 

There is no doubt that the crisis that emanated from the martyrdom of `Uthmaan ibn `Affaan, may Allaah be pleased with him, was the most dangerous and had the farthest impact. But Umm Salamah, may Allaah be pleased with her, remained neutral throughout. She rather — according to many reports — called to harmony and mutual love among the Muslims.

One of the most prominent deeds attributed to her during these crises was her criticism of `Aa'ishah, may Allaah be pleased with her, after the Battle of the Camel.

The love for Allaah and His Messenger, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, and the love for the Prophet's, sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam, household had occupied the big heart of Umm Salamah.

May Allaah be pleased with her and please her! May He honour her abode and made her a model for our women! He is the All-Hearing, the Responding.

Umm Salamah 2013_110

Umm Salamah
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-
» (52) SALAMAH IBN AL-AKWA'

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
منتديات إنما المؤمنون إخوة (2024 - 2010) The Believers Are Brothers :: (English) :: THE GREATEST HUMAN :: Women Around The Messenger-
انتقل الى: