Surah Al-Jinn
(The Unseen Beings)
Chapter 72
It is 28 Verses 2 Units (Ruku): Revealed at Makkah
In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
1. (O Prophet Mohammed): say It has been revealed to me that a party of the jinn (demons, evil spirits of jinn, not of the Angels) listened (to the Qur’an), and they said: Surely we have heard an amazing Qur’an,
2. Guiding to the right Way, so we have believed in it, and we shall never join any one (in worship) with our Lord (Allah).
3. And Exalted is the Majesty of (Allah) our Lord: He has taken neither a consort (wife), nor a son (or daughters).
4. And (now we know) that the foolish ones among us used to say many exaggerated and blasphemous words against Allah (by falsely attributing to Him a wife or a son or daughters or any other partners).
5. And that we thought that men and jinn would not utter a lie against Allah.
6. And there were people from among men who used to seek refuge with people from among the jinn (the demons), so they increased them in wrongdoing (in disbelief and sin).
7. And they thought as you thought, that Allah would never send anyone (as a Messenger).
8. And we sought to reach the sky, but we found it filled with strong guards and burning flames.
9. And we used to sit therein in positions to steal a hearing, but he who (tries to) listen now would find a flame lying in wait for him.
10. And we do not know whether harm is intended for those who are on earth, or whether their Lord (Allah) intends for them Guidance.
11. And among us (the jinn) are those who are righteous, and some of us are otherwise (demons). We were following different ways.
12. And we are certain that we cannot cause failure to Allah on earth, nor can we escape him by flight.
13. And that when we heard the Guidance (the Qur’an), we believed in it; so whoever believes in his Lord (Allah) will have no fear of decrease (in Reward for his good deeds) or increase (in Punishment for his sins).
14. And of us are Muslims (who have surrendered to Allah), and of us are the deviators; so whoever surrendered (to Allah), then such have sought the right Way.
15. And as for the deviators, they will be firewood for Hell.
16. And that if they keep firmly to the (right) Way, We (Allah) shall certainly give them abundant rain (i.e., provision),
17. So that We may test them thereby; and whoever turns away from the Remembrance of his Lord (Allah), He will make him enter into ever-growing Torment.
18. And know that all (legitimate) worship is due to Allah (alone) in places of worship, so do not call upon (invoke) any besides Allah (whether it is an angel near to Allah, like the Holy Spirit Gabriel, or a prophet sent by Him like Jesus Christ, or a saint like Mary, or a jinn, or statue, etc.):
19. And that when the servant of Allah (the Prophet Muhammad) stood up supplicating to Allah (God), they formed round him (like) a dense crowd.
20. Say: I only invoke (Allah) my Lord, and I do not associate any partner with Him.
21. Say: Surely I do not possess for you (the power of) harm or right direction.
22. Say: Surely no one can save me against Allah (if I were to disobey Him), nor can I find in other than Him a refuge:
23. (Mine is) only a conveyance (of the Truth) from Allah and His Messages; and whoever disobeys Allah (God) and His Messenger (Muhammad), then surely for him is the Fire of Hell, to abide therein forever.
24. Until when they see what they are promised, then they will know who is weaker in help and fewer in number.
25. Say: I do not know whether that (Torment) with which you are threatened is near, or whether (Allah) my Lord will appoint for it a term.
26. (He is) the Knower of the unseen, and He does not disclose (His Knowledge of) the unseen to anyone,
27. Except to him whom He chooses as a Messenger; for surely He makes guards (Angels) to march before him and after him,
28. So that He (Allah) may know that they have truly delivered the Messages of (Allah) their Lord, and He encompasses all what is with them, and He keeps account of every thing in number.