Surah Nuh
(The Prophet Noah)
Chapter 71
It is 28 Verses 2 Units (Ruku’): Revealed at Makkah
In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
1. Surely We sent Noah to his people, saying: Warn your people before there comes upon them a painful Torment.
2. He said: O my people! Surely I am a plain warner to you,
3. That you should worship Allah alone, and be careful of (your duty to) Him and obey me:
4. He will forgive you your sins and will respite you until an appointed time; surely the Term of Allah when it comes, it cannot be delayed; if you only knew!
5. (Noah) said: (O Allah) my Lord! Surely I have called my people (to Islam) by night and by day!
6. But my call has only made them flee more (from the Truth):
7. And whenever I have called them that You may forgive them, they put their fingers in their ears and covered themselves with their garments, and persisted (in disbelief) and puffed themselves up with pride;
8. Then surely I called to them openly (aloud),
9. Then surely I spoke to them in public and I spoke to them in private,
10. I said (to them): Ask Forgiveness from (Allah) your Lord, surely He is the All-Forgiving.
11. He will shower you with abundant rain (provision).
12. And increase you in wealth and children, and bestow on you gardens, and bestow on you rivers.
13. What is the matter with you that you do not magnify Allah in the proper manner that He deserves to be magnified (and do not fear His Punishment and Retribution).
14. And indeed He has created you through various stages;
15. Do you not see how Allah has created the seven skies, one above another,
16. And made the moon therein a light (lit by the sun), and made the sun a (burning) lamp?
17. And Allah has caused you to grow from the earth a (progressing) growth,
18. Then He will return you to it, then He will bring you forth a (new) bringing forth.
19. And Allah has made for you the earth a wide expanse,
20. That you may go about and pursue spacious paths therein.
21. Noah said: (O Allah) my Lord! Surely they have disobeyed me and followed him whose wealth and children only increased him in loss (and ingratitude).
22. And they (the arrogant leaders) have plotted an immense conspiracy.
23. And they said: Never leave your gods, (your graven images and idols), especially never leave Wadd, or Suwa’, or Yaghus, and Yauq and Nasr (the names of their idols).
24. And indeed they (the arrogant leaders or these idols) have led many astray, so (my Lord) do not increase the idol worshippers (who insist in associating others with Allah by taking the prophets, or angels, or saints, or jinn, etc., as lords and partner-gods to be worshiped besides Allah), except in error.
25. Because of their sins they (Noah’s people) were drowned, then made to enter the Fire, so they did not find any helpers (intercessors) besides Allah.
26. And Noah said: (O Allah) my Lord! Leave not upon the earth any dweller from among the disbelievers.
27. For surely if You leave them they will lead astray your subjects (of mankind and jinn), and will not give birth to any but immoral, ungrateful (children).
28. (O Allah) my Lord! Forgive me and my parents and him who enters my house believing, and the believing men and believing women; and do not increase the workers of iniquity (the lawbreakers) in anything but destruction.