Surah As-Saff (The Solid Ranks)
Also called Al-Hawariyeen & Surah Eesa
(The Prophet Jesus and his Discipiles)
Chapter 61
It is 14 Verses 2 Units (Ruku’): Revealed at Madinah
In the Name of Allah, the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful
1. Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth declares the Glory of Allah; and He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.
2. O you who believe (in Allah and His last Messenger Muhammad)! Why do you say (or preach) that which you do not do?
3. It is most hateful to Allah that you say (or preach) what you do not do.
4. Surely Allah loves those who fight in His Way (against the forces of evil and the enemies of Peace) in rows, as if they are a (single) solid structure joined firmly.
5. And (mention) when Moses said to his people: O my people! Why do you hurt me? And you know indeed that I am Allah’s Messenger to you; but when they deviated, Allah made their hearts deviate, and Allah does not guide the defiantly disobedient people.
6. And (mention) when Jesus, the son of Mary said: O children of Israel!
Surely I am the Messenger of Allah to you, confirming that which is before me of the Torah and giving the good news of a Messenger who will come after me, his name being Ahmad, but when he came to them with clear Proofs they said: ‘This is clear magic.’
(Ahmad i.e., Muhammad which means the much-praised, the Parakletos, usually construed as ‘comforter’ but meaning the much-praised in the exact Greek translation of the Aramaic term or the name Mawhamana. In the new Testament, John 14:16 and John 15:26, there are several mentions of this but construed as helper / counselor / advocator / spirit of truth that will come after Jesus).
7. And who is more unjust than he who invents a lie against Allah (God) while being invited to Islam (peace and total submission to Allah), and Allah does not guide the defiant wrongdoing people.
8. They want to extinguish the Light of Allah (God) with their mouths, but Allah will perfect His Light, even though the disbelievers may dislike it.
9. He it is Who sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with the Guidance and the true Religion, to manifest it over all other (false) religions, even though the polytheists may dislike it.
10. O you who believe (in Allah and His last Messenger Muhammad)! Shall I lead you to an exchange that will save you from a painful Torment.
11. That you should believe in Allah (God) and His Messenger (the Prophet Muhammad) and strive hard in Allah’s Way (the moral way to Peace) with your wealth and your lives; this is better for you, if you but knew!
12. He will forgive you your sins, and cause you to enter into Gardens beneath which rivers flow, and goodly dwellings in Gardens of Eden; that is the Great Achievement;
13. And yet another (blessing) that you love: Help from Allah (God) and a victory near at hand; and give glad tidings to the believers.
14. O you who believe (in Allah and His last Messenger Muhammad)! Be helpers (in the Cause) of Allah, as when Jesus, the son of Mary, said to (his) disciples: Who are my helpers (in the Cause) of Allah? The disciples said: We are helpers (in the Cause) of Allah. So a party of the children of Israel believed, and another party disbelieved; then (Allah) strengthened those who believed against their enemy, and they became the uppermost.