The Third Proof
On the contrary, there are more than thirty texts in the Bible which clearly prove that Jesus had an essence, that God has an entirely different essence, and that the essence of God is completely separate from the essence of Jesus. This indicates that Jesus Christ is not God or the son of God, and it also indicates the falseness of the doctrines of the incarnation and the Trinity. We will quote these texts below:
There are twenty-five Old Testament texts which affirm that God is one in His essence:
[1]    Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one[Deuteronomy 6:4]
This text is also mentioned in the New Testament:
“The most important one [i.e., commandment],”answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.’”[Mark 12:29]
The relevant point in this text is that if Jesus were God, he would have said, “The Lord is Jesus,” or “Jesus is your God,” or “I am your Lord and God.” But he said, “The Lord our God,” speaking of an essence that was completely different from his own essence, and affirming that God is the God of all people. This implies that he himself worshipped God and took Him as his God. This renders invalid the idea that Jesus is God and that he called people to worship him or his mother. Far be it from him to do such a thing. In fact, he called people to worship God alone, with no partner or associate, as all the prophets did.
[2]    For neither is there any god besides you who have the care of all. [Wisdom 12:13, New American Bible]
[3]    And Hezekiah prayed to the Lord: “Lord, the God of Israel, enthroned between the cherubim, you alone are God over all the kingdoms of the earth. You have made heaven and earth…Now, Lord our God, deliver us from his hand, so that all the kingdoms of the earth may know that you alone, Lord, are God.” [2 Kings 19:15, 19]
This also appears in Isaiah 37: 16, 20, with a slight change in wording.
[4]    I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. [Isaiah 43:11]
[5]    “This is what the Lord says –
Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
apart from me there is no God…
Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”[Isaiah 44:6, 8]
[6]    Remember the former things, those of long ago;
I am God, and there is no other;
I am God, and there is none like me. [Isaiah 46:9]
[7]    “I am the Lord; that is my name!
I will not yield my glory to another
or my praise to idols.”[Isaiah 42:8]
[8]    “…Was it not I, the Lord?
And there is no God apart from me,
a righteous God and a Savior;
there is none but me.
“Turn to me and be saved,
all you ends of the earth;
for I am God, and there is no other.”[Isaiah 45:21-22]
[9]    I am the Lord, and there is no other;
apart from me there is no God.
I will strengthen you,
though you have not acknowledged me,
so that from the rising of the sun
to the place of its setting
people may know there is none besides me.
I am the Lord, and there is no other. [Isaiah 45:5-6]
[10]    …no eye has seen any God besides you,
who acts on behalf of those who wait for him. [Isaiah 64:4]
[11]    Lord our God, other lords besides you have ruled over us,
but your name alone do we honor.” [Isaiah 26:13]
[12]    “…They will bow down before you
and plead with you, saying,
‘Surely God is with you, and there is no other;
there is no other god.’”[Isaiah 45:14]
[13]    Do we not all have one Father? Did not one God create us? [Malachi 2:10]
[14]    There is one most high Creator Almighty, and a powerful king, and greatly to be feared, who sitteth upon his throne…” [Sirach 1:8,Douay-Rheims]
[15]    Prophet Solomon said, when conversing with his Lord:
Yet, Lord my God, give attention to your servant’s prayer and his plea for mercy. Hear the cry and the prayer that your servant is praying in your presence. [2 Chronicles 6:19]
[16]    You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you. [Nehemiah 9:6]
[17]    And send thy fear upon the nations, that have not sought after thee: that they may know that there is no God beside thee, and that they may shew forth thy wonders. [Sirach 36:2,Douay-Rheims]
[18]    Among the gods there is none like you, Lord;
no deeds can compare with yours.
All the nations you have made
will come and worship before you, Lord;
they will bring glory to your name.
For you are great and do marvelous deeds;
you alone are God. [Psalms 86:8-10]
[19]    And let them know that thou art the Lord, the only God, and glorious over all the world. [Daniel 3:45,Douay-Rheims]
[20]    so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other.[1 Kings 8:60]
[21]    “There is no one holy like the Lord;
there is no one besides you;
there is no Rock  like our God.” [1 Samuel 2:2]
[22]    “How great you are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.” [2 Samuel 7:22]
[23]    “O God, who art mighty above all, hear the voice of them, that have no other hope, and deliver us from the hand of the wicked, and deliver me from my fear.”[Esther 14:19,Douay-Rheims]
[24]    I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing.” [Psalms 16:2]
[25]    The king shouted with a loud voice, “You are great, O Lord, the God of Daniel, and there is no other besides you!”[Daniel 14:41, NRSVCE]

•    Summary
All of these texts from the Old Testament affirm the same thing, which is that God is one in His essence, not three. This proves false the idea that Jesus is God, or that he is the third of three (in a Trinity). Based on that, whoever does not believe that God is one, and not three, in His essence has disbelieved in the texts quoted here from the Old Testament.

There are ten texts in the New Testament which affirm that God is one in His essence:
[1]    Jesus once said to a woman:
“…Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’” [John 20:17]
The fact that Jesus said, “to my God and your God” indicates that he recognized that God is his God and the God of all people, and that Jesus himself was not God; rather he was a servant of God like all other human beings, because his God was the God of his people to whom he addressed this statement, namely the Almighty. If Jesus were God, it would be meaningless for him to say, “I am ascending to… my God.” To whom would Jesus be ascending if he himself was God?
Similarly, the fact that Jesus described his people as being his brothers indicates that he was human like them and was not their God. If Jesus were their God, it would not be correct for him to describe them as his brothers. This is quite clear.
The fact that Jesus described them as being his brothers means that they were his brothers in lineage, because they were all of the same tribe, namely the Children of Israel. So it was correct for him to describe them as being his brothers, because of the lineage that they shared.
It is interesting to note in this context that the Qur’an (the ‘constitution’ of the Islamic religion) mentions in five places that Jesus acknowledged that God was both his Lord and the Lord of all people.
It says that the Messiah said to his people:
i.    “…O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Whoever ascribes partners to Allah, then Allah has forbidden paradise for him, and the fire will be his abode. For the wrongdoers there will be no helpers.”[al-Ma’idah 5:72]
ii.    “…I said nothing to them except that which You commanded me [to say]: Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.”[al-Ma’idah 5:117]
iii.    “Verily, Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him. This is a straight path.”[Mary 19:36, Al ‘Imran 3:51,az-Zukhruf 43:64]
To sum up, the Gospels prove that Jesus used to affirm that God was his Lord and the Lord of all the people; the Qur’an also proves this, contrary to the prevalent belief among the Christians that Jesus himself is the Lord and the son of God.
•    Important note
It is known that what is meant by the word Father in the Gospel sources is the one who takes care of someone; it does not mean a father in the sense of a progenitor or one who begets, whereby a son is born from a father and mother as a result of sexual relations. The proof for that is the fact that Jesus described the Lord as being the Father of all people when he said “‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father” [John 20:17]; no one suggests that God is the father of all people in the sense of being a progenitor in the usual sense.
Based on that, what is meant by Father here is the one who takes care of and looks after someone. It is well known that God is the Creator, Provider and Controller of the affairs of all people.
[2]    Jesus says:“for the Father is greater than I.”[John 14:28]
If God and Jesus were equal and shared the same essence, how could God be greater than him?
This is clearly contradictory. It indicates that the essence of God is not the same as that of Jesus; rather, each of them has a different essence. God is above His seventh heaven, on His throne; He is not mixed with His creations on the earth.
[3]    Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.[John 17:3]
[4]    “The most important [commandment],”answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the Lord is one…’”
“Well said, teacher” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him.”[Mark 12: 29, 32]
[5]    There is an indication that the essence of God is not the same as the essence of Christ, for when a man called out to Jesus, addressing him as “Good teacher,” Jesus responded by saying: “Why do you call me good? No one is good—except God alone.” [Mark 10:17-18]
[6]    The same is mentioned in [Luke 18:19] where it says:
“Why do you call me good?”Jesus answered. “No one is good – except God alone.”
[7]    “How can you believe since you accept glory from one another but do not seek the glory that comes from the only God?”[John 5:44]
[8]    Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only.’”[Matthew 4:10]
Note: This is in accordance with the verse in the Qur’an which says:
“You [Alone] we worship, and You [Alone] we ask for help.”[al-Fatihah 1:5]
[9]    “Why does this fellow talk like that? He’s blaspheming! Who can forgive sins but God alone?” [Mark 2:7]
[10]     “Who will not fear you, Lord,
and bring glory to your name?
For you alone are holy.
All nations will come
and worship before you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.”[Revelation 15:4]
•    Conclusion
The Gospel texts quoted above indicate that Jesus used to affirm that God is one in His Essence, and that He was his God and true Lord, and indeed He is the God and Lord of all people.