Ash-Shāfi - At-Tabeeb
The Healer - The Curer
He is the One Who heals hearts and bodies from their illnesses. People can do nothing but apply the medicine created by their Lord, and then the cure lies in the hands of Allah Almighty alone with no partner. So, He is the only Healer, and there is no cure but His cure.

These two noble names do not occur in the Qur’an, but they do in the Prophet’s Sunnah. As for the name the Healer, it occurs in a Hadīth in which ‘Ā’ishah (may Allah be pleased with her) reported that whenever the Prophet (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) visited an ill person, he would supplicate, “O Allah, the Lord of people, remove the trouble and heal, for You are the Healer. No healing is of any avail but Yours, healing that will leave behind no ailment!”59

As for His name the Curer, it occurs in a Hadīth in which Abu Ramthah (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: My father and I rushed to the Prophet, and my father said to him, “Show me that thing on your back, for I am a curer.” He replied, “Allah is the Curer. You are only a kind man. The One Who cure it is the One Who created it.”60
59 Narrated by Al-Bukhāri and Muslim)
In light of these two great names, I would say:
• Maladies that affect people are of two types: diseases of the body and diseases of the heart. Diseases that affect hearts and souls are more dangerous. Hence, all of us should recall this meaning while supplicating Allah Almighty to cure us from the diseases of our bodies and hearts. When a heart is hard, this is an illness; when it is attached to other than Allah, this is also an illness; moral deviation is an illness; and foul speech is an illness. So, be careful to seek both kinds of cure.

• Always remember that true cure comes from Allah Almighty Who says, (If Allah afflicts you with any hardship, none other than Him can remove it; and if He wills any good for you, none can avert His bounty. He bestows good upon whomsoever of His servants He wills. He is the All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) (Sūrat Yūnus: 107)

Pursue the means of cure materially, but keep your heart attached to the Almighty Healer. Turn to Allah, trust Him and expect abundant goodness from Him, for He has the power to cure you and this is easy for Him.

• Just as Allah Almighty is the Healer, His Shariah is a source of healing for all people if they embrace and follow it. The world is full of illnesses in economy, politics, and education.
60 Narrated by Abu Dāwūd)
The cure for all this lies in the Shariah of the AllWise Lord, Who says, (And We send down of the Qur’an what is healing and mercy for the believers, but it does not increase the wrongdoers except in loss.) (Sūrat AlIsrā’: 82)