Ad-Dayyān
The Recompenser
He is the One Who recompenses His servants for their deeds. If they are good, He multiplies the reward; and if they are bad, He punishes them according to His justice or pardons them.

This noble name only occurs in a lengthy Hadīth in which the Prophet (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Then, He - Allah Almighty - will call them with a voice that will be heard by those distant and those near, saying, ‘I am the King, I am the Recompenser.’”53

In light of this great name, I would say:
1. If the meaning of this name firmly settles in one’s heart, he will fear his Lord and avoid anything that displeases Him before standing before Him for the reckoning and recompense. (And We place the scales of justice for the Day of Resurrection, so no soul will be treated unjustly at all. And if there is (even) the weight of a mustard seed, We will bring it forth. And sufficient are We as Reckoners.) (Sūrat Al-Anbiyā’: 47)

2. This name inspires a great sense of tranquility, trust and comfort within the hearts of oppressed people as they know that Allah Almighty will restore their rights to them and punish the oppressors.
53 Narrated by Al-Hākim)
(Do not think that Allah is heedless of the evil deeds that the evil-doers are engaged in. He is only granting them respite until a Day when their eyes shall continue to stare in horror.) (Sūrat Ibrahīm: 42)

3. How Just and Merciful our Lord is! In a Hadīth, the Prophet (may Allah’s peace and blessings be upon him) said, “The claimants shall get their claims on the Day of Resurrection so much so that the hornless sheep shall get its claim from the horned sheep.”54
54 Narrated by Muslim)