Al-Wadood
The Most Affectionate
He is the Loving One Who loves His pious servants and shows affection to them through forgiveness and giving - and they love Him. When Allah Almighty loves someone, He answers his invocations, protects him from what he fears, and makes him well accepted by people. And when a person loves Allah Almighty, he obeys Him and longs to meet Him.

This noble name occurs twice in the Qur’an. One is in the verse that says, (And ask forgiveness of your Lord and then repent to Him. Indeed, my Lord is Most Merciful, Most Affectionate.) (Sūrat Hūd: 90) The second time is in the verse that reads, (And He is the All-Forgiving, Most Affectionate.) (Sūrat Al-Burūj: 14)

In light of this noble name, I would say:
1. We should praise our Lord a lot, especially when we know that the Lord we worship is the Most Affectionate. All praise is due to Him.

2. A wise person would pursue every means that wins him the love of Allah Almighty, such as faith, kindness to people, drawing close to Him through various kinds of obligatory and supererogatory acts of worship and repenting to Him from any shortcoming or mistake. (Surely Allah loves the ones constantly repenting, and He loves the ones constantly purifying themselves.) (Sūrat AlBaqarah: 222)
3. Whoever wants to taste the love of Allah Almighty should get to know the perfect attributes of His majesty and beauty and reflect upon His great bounty and favors towards His creation. In the Qur’an, He says, (And whatever favor you have - it is from Allah. Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help.) (Sūrat AlNahl: 53)

4. Always remember that one of the clearest signs of Allah’s love for a person is what He revealed in the verse that says,(Say (O Muhammad), “If you should love Allah, then follow me, (so) Allah will love you and forgive you your sins. And Allah is All-Forgiving, Most Merciful.”) (Sūrat Āl-‘Imrān: 31)

5. When a person tastes Allah’s love, life becomes pleasant in his eyes, good deeds become easy for him and he enjoys abandonment of sins and misdeeds for the sake of his Lord. His eagerness shall continue until he sees his Lord Whose promise is sure to come. (Some faces on that Day will be fresh and resplendent, looking at their Lord.) (Sūrat Al-Qiyāmah: 22-23)